4/19/18 At yesterday’s meeting of The Presidents Forum, we had a presentation on Blockchain. We heard:
- Blockchain is a transactional platform that facilitates the process of recording transactions and tracking assets, both tangible or intangible, in a network.
- Blockchain essentially serves as a database for recording transactions, but its benefits extend far beyond those of a traditional database.
- Blockchain will enable other technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, 3D printing, Virtual Reality and the Internet of Things to be part of the economy.
- For example, Bitcoin, a virtual currency is an application developed to run on Blockchain.
- Other applications are slow in development, but dramatic change will occur when we couple blockchain with smart contracts, automated processes (robotics) and AI.
Trackback from your site.